Spring is around the corner and the vines are starting to wake up following a long, wet and cold winter! To celebrate Spring, Paarl hosts an annual festival called Cultivaria, which this year starts on the 25th of September and ends on the 28th. Whilst Cultivaria is mainly focussed on shows and food in the beautiful town of Paarl, we have arranged for some exciting events to take place at Vrede en Lust, only 12 km outside of Paarl on the R45 to Franschhoek:
- Live Music the public holiday (24th of Sep) plus over the weekend of the 27th & 28th of September: 1pm tp 5pm
- Sculpture exhibition by one of SA’s leading sculptors, Arend Eloff 10am to 5pm on the 25 to the 28th of September
- Fresh food at the tasting center by the great chefs from Cotage Fromage
- Spring specials on our whole range of wines!
Arend has a strong focus on horses and wild life. He created the life sized stallion at the entrance to the winery and has just completed a new 3m tall bronze piece to replace Rusty Lusty, as the stallion was known us on the estate! The Cape’s tough environment caught up with Lusty and the Rusty side emerged the winner.
We have recently released 4 new wines. If you did not get to taste them at Wine-X, then this is an ideal opportunity to sample then and stock up for the coming summer!
- Vrede en Lust Sauvignon Blanc 2008
- Vrede en Lust Viognier 2008
- Vrede en Lust Jess 2008
- Vrede en Lust Reserve 2004
We look forward to seeing you here!