The Manor House is a Cape Winelands accommodation experience unlike any other, offering superb service and luxurious comfort. It is so spectacular that our guests keep returning time and time again.
This beautiful building’s history dates back 300 years to 1688, when built by Jacques de Savoye, the first owner of Vrede en Lust. The building was damaged by fire at the end of the 19th century and significantly restored by Norman Berold during the 1920’s.
It is a luxurious retreat with panoramic views from every window and can accommodate up to 10 people.
- Ideal for wedding parties, executives or celebrities who want to enjoy some exclusive and private time in the heart of the Cape Winelands
- The ground floor boasts solid yellow wood floors and 5m high yellow wood ceilings
- There is a large reception room, a very spacious lounge with a fireplace and formal dining room
- The ground floor has a home theatre, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a beautiful farmhouse-style kitchen with a fireplace
- Both the lounge and the kitchen open up onto a patio area with stunning views of the Franschhoek valley
- On the first floor there are 3 additional double bedrooms (including the master suite), 3 bathrooms and a separate lounge area that leads onto the upstairs deck overlooking the pool house and the mountain side
- Each room is distinctly different in decor, making a walk through the house a truly pleasurable experience
- In the lush green and well-established garden, you will find the swimming pool and pool house
- The pool house features a bar, dining area, bathroom and a large patio
- Adjacent to the pool house is a large boma, where one can sit comfortably around a fire